It’s holiday season! Besides all the gifts, it’s the time we usually spend with our families and dear ones, and we all know that that means there will be a loooot of food around. Between all the cakes and drinks and delicious mom’s cooking, we are all bound to gain a bit of weight. That’s like a little holiday tradition, I guess, and I’m not here to tell you to stop it. No, you are suppose to relax and enjoy, but just remember that if you go too crazy all that new weight is coming with you into 2016, so keep it under control. While many people take drastic measures to get more healthy and fit after the holidays (it’s like on everyone’s New Years resolutions list, right?), we bring you some easy tips for eating healthier and adopting some good new habits. Let’s begin.
- Drink more water. Everyone knows by now that hydration is super important, so try to drink more water all year round. What helps not to forget about it is having a nice bottle that you can carry around with you, and if it’s one with a cool design like this, you will take it everywhere with you.
- Talking about liquids, it is also great to drink some lemonade. Squeeze some lemon into your water for a cost of vitamin C. When plain water and lemonade aren’t enough, add pieces of fresh fruit into your water for some vitamins and extra refreshment. Get creative with it and try cucumber water, lemon water, even some strawberries and your taste buds will approve.
- Another liquid we must mention is alcohol, and you need to know that is full of calories and not good for you on so many levels. A glass here and there for a special occasion is great, and if you feel like having something to drink, a glass of wine is the best. I’ll just say that (moderate) wine drinkers have a 34 percent lower mortality rate than beer or spirits drinkers.
- You have a sweet tooth like me? Try making dark chocolate your candy of choice. It is full of antioxidants and really good for your health, and it also tastes so good. The transition from milk chocolate is a bit rough, but your body deserves that you give it a chance. Treat ourself from time to time with a great dessert, but on day to day basis dark chocolate is the key.
- In a need of snack? Replacing those processed greasy snacks with nuts will do wonders for your body, both inside and out. Most nuts have high calorie value, but they are packed with nutrients and will keep you full for quite a while. They are also perfect on the go, so keep a pack in your purse. What else we suggest you always have in there? A banana. We love those more than Minions and they must be a perfect bite after a work out or when you’re running around doing your thing.
These little tricks can make a big difference in your health. In the spirit of #YOLO I agree it’s ok to have a drink or a dessert every now and then, cause you know, life is short and can be hart. But, as with everything, moderation is the key. Adopt some healthy habits into your everyday life and treat your body right. It’s the only one you have.