Last week marked the 73rd edition of one of our favorite red carpet shows – the Golden Globes. This year they had it all – amazing outfits, funny moments, curses and awkward times. I might actually say it was one of my favorite editions.
We all “gathered” here to talk about the outfits, but I cannot pass without mentioning A.Schu’s beep time and Leo’s stink eye. So, if by now you don’t know who A. Schu is you get an F in celebrity nicknames and get to know that Amy Schumer will be refered to as A. Schu from now on – obs! You should watch the hilarious video below to get all the deets.
And going back to Leo giving Miss Gaga the stink eye, well I get him, I always give people the stink eye if they bump my chair, bump into me, stand next to me, pass next to or…just live on this planet. Don’t you do that? No?! Oh, well.
MOMENT OF THE NIGHT #LEOVSGAGA #GIF911 #GOLDENGLOBES pic.twitter.com/hOMjjeSLQG
— Michelle Collins (@michcoll) January 11, 2016
There would be much more to tell but I’m gonna go back to the outfits. I must say I absolutely loved Jennifer Lawrence’s gown (Dior) and jewelry. Fabulous! Lady Gaga took us back to the old Hollywood in an Atelier Versace gown. A. Schu Looked great in her Atelier Prabal Gurung dress. Other looks that I loved were J.Lo in Giambattista Valli, Kirsten Dunst in Valentino, Jada Pinkett Smith, Jena Dewan in Zuhair Murad and Viola Davis in Marchesa.
As for the winners, the things went like this:
- Leonardo DiCaprio took home the award for Best Actor in a Drama Motion Picture (The Revenant)
- The Revenant won Best Drama Motion Picture
- Taraji P. Henson won Best Actress in a Drama TV Series for her work in Empire
- The Martian won Best Musical or Comedy Motion Picture
- Alejandro González Iñárritu won Best Director of a Motion Picture (The Revenant)
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture was won by Sylvester Stallone for his work on Creed
- Jennifer Lawrence won Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy Motion Picture for Joy
- Matt Damon took home the award for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy
- Denzel Washington the Cecil B. DeMille Award
- Brie Larson the Best Actress in a Drama Motion Picture for Room
- Best Original Score was taken by The Hateful Eight (Ennio Morricone)
- Steve Jobs (Aaron Sorkin) took Best Screenplay of a Motion Picture
Jon Hamm won Best Actor in a Drama TV Series
- Writing’s On The Wall (by Sam Smith, Jimmy Napes) won Best Original Song
- Kate Winslet (for Steve Jobs) won Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
- Inside Out won Best Animated Feature Film
- Lady Gaga won Best Actress In A Mini-series or Motion Picture for TV for American Horror Story
- Rachel Bloom won Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy TV Series for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- Christian Slater won Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries, or Motion Picture for TV with Mr. Robot
- Mozart in the Jungle won Best Musical or Comedy TV Series
- Wolf Hall won Best Miniseries or TV Film
- Son of Saul won Best Foreign Language Film
- Maura Tierney (The Affair) won Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries, or Motion Picture for TV
- Mr. Robot won Best Drama TV Series
Oscar Isaac (Show Me a Hero) won Best Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture for TV
Gael García Bernal for his work in Mozart in the Jungle won Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy TV Series
Great post !! 🙂
NEW POST! : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS
Some of the dresses were so stunning!
The fashion was pretty good this year! So many colors on the carpet 🙂
I personally thought that Eva Longoria & America Fererra’s bit was equally hilarious!
Great round up! 🙂
Cherish & Bloom