I think that most of us know who Anna Wintour is (given her appeareance in Zoolander 2, I think she gained some new fans), and if you are a fashion aficionado you HAVE TO know who she is. Just to make sure, I’ll put it out there – Anna Wintour is the editor-in-chief of Vogue US since 1988 and in 2013 she also became artistic director of Condè Nast.
I have to start this by saying that from my point of view (and many others’) miss Wintour is a marketing genius and she is not only running a magazine, but an entire fashion world. Anna is very private about her life, there are little things known about her outside fashion, but everything surrounding her is very interesting.
So here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about Anna Wintour:
- Journalism runs in her family – Her father, Charles, was editor of the London Evening publication from the 1950 to the 1970’s.
- She is always punctual, sometimes she can be seen alone on the first row at shows waiting for the other to come and the show to begin.
- Her biggest phobia are spiders.
- She’s been sporting her now famous bob hairstyle since she was 14.
- On hiring people she said “I don’t like people who’ll say yes to everything I might bring up. I want people who can argue, and disagree, and have a point of view that’s reflected in the magazine. My dad believed in the cult of personality. He brought great writers and columnists to the Standard. I try to do that here, too.”
Hope you found these interesting and let us know what else would you add on our list.