Princess Diana was and still is loved by many people all around the world. She was a humble, warm person that knew how to comfort people with her words.
This year, on 24th of February Kensington Palace will host a fashion exhibition and temporary garden to celebrate the life of one of the most loved person ever – Princess Diana. Called “Diana – Her Fashion Story”, the exhibition, sponsored by The Estèe Lauder Companies, “will explore how she navigated her unique position in the public eye: learning to use her image to engage and inspire people, and to champion the causes she cared about.”
To salute this lovely exhibition, we have gathered here 5 facts you probably didn’t know about our beloved Princess:
1. She managed to change the traditional royal wedding vow, not saying that she would “obey” Prince Charles.
2. The train of her wedding dress was the longest in royal history, measuring 7.5 m.
3. She went at the same school with Tilda Swinton and apparently were quite close friends.
4. Her “fairy-tale wedding” had a global television audience of around 700 millions of people, while 600.000 gathered on the streets to see the happy couple going to the ceremony.
5. She supported more than 100 charities that battle poverty and homelessness and created houses for AIDS victims.
There would be so much more to say about the amazing person that was Lady Diana. We will only add that if you can, go and visit the exhibition at Kensington Palace, for sure you will not regret it.
She is such an inspiration! Truly one of the most beautiful women that ever lived inside and out 🙂
Thanks for sharing. I feel so inspired by her. She was indeed a great human being
What an icon. I would love to see this exhibition.
District of Chic